Visa info

You'll need a valid student visa to study in Australia. Processing times can vary, so the sooner you can apply, the better.

Know your work rights

International students are able to work up to 48 hours per fortnight and unlimited hours during semester breaks, as per their visa conditions.

Apply for your student visa

Start the process as soon as you receive your offer letter

You can’t study in Australia unless you have a student visa. As soon as you obtain your CoE, you should start this process. Your agent will be able to assist you.

You will need to apply for the Student Visa (Subclass 500).

This visa allows you to:

  • Study a registered full-time course in Australia
  • Bring eligible family members
  • Work 48 hours per fortnight during semester and full-time during university holidays

Important documents required for your application

  • A copy of your Offer Letter
  • A copy of your eCoE
  • Evidence that you have paid OSHC
  • Passport
  • Passport photos
  • Medical Clearance

After you have completed your application you may also be required to attend an interview, provide further information, biometric information or police certificates.

For more information please visit the Home Affairs website.

Rights & responsibilities

Know your rights as an international student

The Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act) provides consumer protection for international students arriving in Australia on a student visa and aims to enhance the quality of the overall student experience.

Find out more about your rights and responsibilities as an international student under the ESOS Act.