About La Trobe College Australia
Guarantee your place at La Trobe University
At La Trobe College Australia we help students that do not meet the University’s academic and/or English requirements gain entry to the first or second year of their chosen La Trobe University degree.
Our pathway programs includes a range of specialised foundation courses and diplomas that lead to more than 100 degrees at La Trobe University, which is ranked in the top 1.1 per cent of universities worldwide (Times Higher Education rankings 2020).
Why choose La Trobe College Australia?
- 1. Guaranteed entry
- Your place at La Trobe University is secured when you successfully complete one of our foundation or diploma programs, subject to minimum grade requirements.
- 2. Entry into second year of your degree
- Our diplomas are equivalent to the first year of your degree, so you can progress into second year at La Trobe University.
- 3. Fast-track option
- You can opt to complete our 12-month diplomas in just 8 months, which means we can get you to the second year of your La Trobe degree in less than a year.
- 4. Ideal learning environment
- Benefit from small class sizes, modern facilities fitted with the latest technology, and free support services including one-on-one tutoring, English improvement sessions and study skills workshops.
- 5. The university experience
- As we are located on La Trobe University’s Bundoora and Sydney campus, you will immediately feel like a university student, having access to all the best facilities, social activities and clubs.
- 6. Assurance of quality
- We are La Trobe University’s preferred pathway provider and our academic programs are developed in collaboration with the University.
- 7. Expert teachers
- Our highly qualified lecturers specialise in university preparation, and understand the unique needs of international students transitioning to a new culture, language and education system.
- 8. Flexible start times
- With three intakes a year in February, June and October, you don’t have to wait to start your pathway to La Trobe University.
Experience La Trobe College Australia through our interactive campus tour.
Welcome to La Trobe College Australia
Welcome to La Trobe College Australia, the pathway college of La Trobe University. I am delighted you are considering a future with us.
La Trobe College Australia offers English language programs and alternative academic pathways to La Trobe University undergraduate programs. The college has been part of the University's main campus in Melbourne since 1974, and we are proud to offer one of the most diverse international student populations in Australia.
The College is located at the picturesque La Trobe University Melbourne Campus in Melbourne and at the La Trobe University Sydney Campus, overlooking Hyde Park in Sydney's central business district. In both locations, we offer a supportive learning environment with small class sizes designed to enhance the success rate of our students. English programs offered in Melbourne include: General English and English for Further Studies (Academic English).
Here at La Trobe College Australia, we provide learning and teaching technologies, a fully resourced Independent Learning Centre in Melbourne, as well as cultural events and activities. All La Trobe College Australia students are welcome to access a full range of University facilities in Melbourne and Sydney, including library, computer/study halls, sports centre, clubs and associations, and more.
I look forward to welcoming you to the college community and encourage you to make La Trobe College Australia the first step in achieving your goals.
La Trobe College Australia
La Trobe College Australia at La Trobe University Sydney Campus
La Trobe University Sydney Campus, 255 Elizabeth Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: +61 (0) 2 9397 7600
La Trobe College Australia at La Trobe University's Melbourne campus
La Trobe University, Sylvia Walton Building
Bundoora VIC 3086
Telephone: +61 (0)3 9479 2417
Facsimile: +61 (0)3 9479 3676