About La Trobe College Australia
Guarantee entry into La Trobe University
Everyone deserves the opportunity for higher education. At La Trobe College Australia, students who might not otherwise meet the university’s academic and/or English requirements are able to ensure they gain entry into their first or second-year studies at La Trobe University.
Through the college’s pathway programs, students can undertake a range of specialised foundation courses or diplomas that help them complete the first part of their university degree in a supportive and tailored study environment.
These pathway programs are the first step to achieving one of over 100 different degrees at La Trobe University, which is ranked among the top 1.1 per cent of universities in the world (Times Higher Education rankings 2020).
Why choose La Trobe College Australia?
- 1. Guaranteed entry
- Once you’ve completed your foundation or diploma program, your place at La Trobe University is guaranteed! As long as you have successfully met all the minimum grade requirements for your chosen degree, you can rest assured that your place is secured and waiting for you.
- 2. Go straight into second year of your degree
- Our diplomas are equivalent to the first year of your university degree, so you’ll progress directly into second year at La Trobe University – without any extra time added to your studies.
- 3. Fast-track option
- For those who are keen to get a university degree under their belt quickly, most of our 12-month diplomas can be completed in just 8 months (excluding the Diploma of Engineering and Diploma of Media and Communication). Opt to fast-track your first-year studies and get on your career path sooner!
- 4. Tailored learning environment
- We’re here to support you! Our teaching setting is designed to set you up for success, with excellent facilities, modern technology, support services, and small class sizes for personalised learning. Get help wherever you need it, whether it’s one-on-one tutoring sessions, English language improvement or study skills workshops.
- 5. Get the university experience from day one
- Besides the name of your course, there is no difference between you and a La Trobe University student. Whether you are studying on campus in Melbourne or Sydney, you’ll get the full university experience. That means access to all the same world-class facilities, activities and events as La Trobe University students.
- 6. Assurance of quality
- All of our courses are developed in collaboration with La Trobe University, and we work closely with them to ensure that our academic programs are of the highest standard. That’s what makes us the university’s preferred pathway provider.
- 7. Expert teachers
- Our lecturers are highly qualified professionals who are experts in their field. As well as the academic side of higher education, they focus on preparing you for university-level studies to make your transition as seamless as possible. Our staff know that studying in a new country and in an unfamiliar language can be daunting, and are always happy to support the unique needs of international students.
- 8. Flexible start times
- We offer three intakes a year in February, June and October, so you’ll never have long to wait to get started on your pathway to La Trobe University.
Experience La Trobe College Australia through our interactive campus tour.
Welcome to La Trobe College Australia!
Welcome to La Trobe College Australia, your pathway to La Trobe University. We are delighted you are considering a future with us.
We’re closely partnered with La Trobe University and have been part of the university's main campus in Melbourne since 1974. Our English language programs and academic pathways into La Trobe University undergraduate programs have been helping students reach their educational and career goals for over 45 years.
We are proudly multicultural, with one of the most diverse student populations in Australia, and we incorporate teaching approaches that cater to international students. Our campuses are situated in ideal locations for students both international and local, with picturesque, sprawling facilities at the main university campus in Melbourne, and modern state-of-the-art features at the Sydney campus, which overlooks Hyde Park in the dynamic central business district.
At both locations, you can expect a learning environment and teaching style that are tailored to enhance your success rate. All our class sizes are capped, so students can get the attention and support they need to achieve their goals – both academically and in their future careers.
We offer the complete university experience, with access to the full range of La Trobe University facilities, events and clubs, but with the benefit of extra support and guidance as you transition to university-level studies.
I look forward to welcoming you into our college community!
La Trobe College Australia
La Trobe College Australia at La Trobe University Sydney Campus
La Trobe University Sydney Campus, 255 Elizabeth Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: +61 (0) 2 9397 7600
La Trobe College Australia at La Trobe University's Melbourne campus
La Trobe University, Sylvia Walton Building
Bundoora VIC 3086
Telephone: +61 (0)3 9479 2417
Facsimile: +61 (0)3 9479 3676