Current student FAQs


Go into your student portal. Using Google Chrome.

Click on “My Resources”

Click on “My Documents”

Click on the dropdown for Document and choose “create Letter to confirm study” and click download

Go into your student portal, using Google Chrome.

Click on “My Resources”.

Click on “My Documents”.

Click on the dropdown for Document and choose “Academic Transcript – Unofficial” and click download.

Go into your student portal. Using Google Chrome.

Click on “Account Administration”

Click on “My Documents”

Category should default to “Finance”

In the Document section click on the dropdown to “Provisional Invoice”

Click on however many subjects you will be enrolling in (This does not enrol you)

*This will download your letter with how much you will need to pay.

Go into your student portal. Using Google Chrome.

Click on “Account Administration”

Click on “Update my Profile”

Click on “Contact Details” then click on “Edit”

Go into your student portal. Using Google Chrome.

Click on “Services and Support”

Click on “My Fees”

You can then click on either the “Payment Options” button in grey or the blue button called “View Payment Options”

This will take you to the page with all the payment options

When making payment please make sure to include your full name and student ID number as reference.

And our finance team will track your payment to allocate it accordingly. Please check your student account in student portal in a weeks’ time to make sure payment is allocated. 

Click on ‘ I Forgot My Password’

Type your student number and leave the option for verify by email.

You will receive an email to your personal email address we have on file.

Please copy and paste the link from the email to google chrome, follow the instructions and you will be able to make a new password.

If you are trying to access Moodle directly, your log in credentials will not work.

Please try accessing your Moodle by

-          Step 1 : Going in to student portal ( first

-          Step 2: Click on Moodle from Student portal

And you should be able to access your Moodle.

If you are still having log in issue, please try resetting your password and let us know if you need further assistance.

Complete the variation of Enrolment agreement form (VEA)

And contact Academic coordinator for a meeting request.

Contact Academic coordinator

Please contact your current academic coordinator who will be able to advise you and discuss about course change

Please contact Ask Latrobe


You can get assistance directly from the Ask La Trobe staff at the library.

Contact Academic coordinator

From 1 January 2023, all higher education students, including those who commenced prior to 2021, must have an Unique Student Identifier (USI).

When must a student have a USI?

Students seeking Commonwealth support, in the form of a Commonwealth supported place and/or a HELP loan, must submit their USI when they apply for support. Other students will need a USI to confer their degree.

International students planning to study onshore, but who have not yet arrived should not be directed to provide a USI as a condition of enrolment. Commencing and returning international students must land in Australia and go through customs before they can create a USI using their non-Australian passport and visa as a form of ID.  

Onshore, international students should be encouraged to acquire a USI as soon as possible.

Create a USI at?

Offshore international students’ exemption

The Minister for Education has, by legislative instrument, provided an exemption for offshore international students being required to have a USI in order to have their degree conferred. This provides an exemption for students who are unable to create a USI because they do not have the necessary supporting documentation and will not complete any of their study onshore in Australia. The exemption also provides that international students who have completed their course of study in Australia prior to 1 January 2023, and have returned to their home country, are exempt from the conferral of award requirement.

International onshore students

Students who have partially studied onshore, prior to 1 January 2023, but will complete the remainder of their study offshore in their home country, are not exempt from the conferral of award requirement. These students should be directed to create a USI as soon as possible. If one of these students has already returned to their home country to complete their study offshore, they will need to apply for an individual exemption through the Student Identifiers Registrar. It is the expectation that only students in this situation, or students who have a genuine personal objection will seek an individual exemption, and that the vast majority of students studying in Australia will apply for a USI during their enrolment or study period.

Welcome back to campus to all our international students.

In October 2022, the Australian Government announced changes to student visa conditions and all student visa holders are expected to return to full ESOS Compliance with the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 by 30 June 2023, where it is safe and practical to do so.

FAQ - ELICOS Students

FAQ - Diploma Students

FAQ - Foundation Students