Diploma of Engineering
The Diploma of Engineering is a practical and hands-on introduction to the field of engineering. Students who successfully complete this diploma can progress to the La Trobe Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Industrial) or the Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours).
In the Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Industrial) students will explore areas such as advanced automation, artificial intelligence and data analytics. Industrial Engineers design and create spacecraft, wind turbines, robots, smartphones and automated machines among other innovative projects.
In the Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) students develop skills in core areas such as sustainability, urban irrigation, and advances in concrete technologies, geotechnics and hydraulic systems.
All La Trobe University's engineering degrees are designed to be accredited by Engineers Australia and provide the opportunity for a number of work placements in a range of fields.
Students have the choice of studying on campus or online, or a combination of both.
Your direct pathway to La Trobe University
|Year||Domestic Student||International Student Tution Fee||FEE-HELP|
available for domestic students
March and June
Year 12: Satisfactory completion of any English, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics
- Programming for Engineers and Scientists
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Principles of Physics A
- Computer Aided Design
- Engineering Design and Problem Solving
- Mechanics of Solids
- Calculus and Different Equations
- Number Systems and Linear Algebra
Entry into 2nd year of
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Industrial)*
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)*
- Bachelor of Science (Maths major)
*Students require a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) to progress into second year as listed in the table on the Transferring to University page.
Potential career paths at the completion of a bachelor degree
- Oil and gas
- Building and construction of large-scale infrastructure
- Water resources
- Local government
- Mining companies
- Satellite and mobile telecommunications
- Microelectronic circuit design and assembly Control systems
- Technical support and supervision
- Robotics or biomedical engineering
- High-technology health services