Click here to read FAQs for current students, future students, parents and agents.
Update: 9th September 2021
La Trobe College Australia - COVID-19 (coronavirus)
The Department of Health has created multiple resources on vaccines for international students. All are available in various languages. We encourage students to access the latest updates at:
COVID-19 vaccination – International students and COVID-19 vaccines (other languages): https://www.health.gov.au/resources/translated/international-students-and-covid-19-vaccines-other-languages
- COVID-19 vaccination – Social – International students can get COVID-19 vaccines (other languages): https://www.health.gov.au/resources/translated/social-international-students-can-get-covid-19-vaccines-other-languages
- COVID-19 vaccination – Social – International students can get COVID-19 vaccines without a Medicare card (other languages): https://www.health.gov.au/resources/translated/social-international-students-and-medicare-cards-other-languages
COVID-19 vaccine Multicultural Outreach Stakeholder pack:
- Owing to the current lockdown all classes are currently conducted via online mode effective from 5th August, 2021. The college continues to monitor DHHS guidelines.
- We are also offering the option of online mode for students who feel more comfortable studying from home. Additionally, we provide the flexibility for students to undertake their studies in mixed delivery mode. This is a hybrid model of online and face to face delivery.
- Currently there is a requirement in place for masks to be worn both indoors and outdoors until further notice.
- Please be reminded of the requirement to check in to all buildings on La Trobe Campus utilising the QR code system. This requirement is being reinforced for all institutions and businesses. QR code readers are displayed on the entrances to all buildings, including the Sylvia Walton Building (La Trobe College Australia building).
As the situation with COVID-19 evolves, we continue to take the necessary steps to protect the health and safety of our students, staff and wider La Trobe community. The health, safety and wellbeing of our community remains our top priority.
Please help maintain a COVIDSafe environment for everyone by:
- Practicing good hand hygiene
- Practicing cough etiquette
- Maintaining appropriate physical distancing
- Signing in as required
- Wearing masks as directed
- Not attending the campus if you are feeling unwell
It is important that everyone keep themselves informed of the current government settings and follow public health directions at all times, by regularly checking the DHHS website: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covidsafe-settings
Additional information is available on La Trobe University’s website, including: https://www.latrobe.edu.au/about/novel-coronavirus/students/student-faqs-for-covid-19
COVID Vaccinations: https://prisms.education.gov.au/Information/News/News.aspx?NewsId=622
Travel Restrictions: https://prisms.education.gov.au/Information/News/News.aspx?NewsId=621
Pandemic financial support payments (International Students): https://prisms.education.gov.au/Information/News/News.aspx?NewsId=620
Supporting Australia’s International Education Sector: https://prisms.education.gov.au/Information/News/News.aspx?NewsId=616
Instructions on joining a Zoom meeting and basic settings.
How Do I Find the Link to My Zoom Class?
The link for your Zoom class can be found on the relevant Moodle page.
For IT-related Portal & Moodle issues: send an email at LTCA.StudentServiceDesk@latrobemelbourne.edu.au with a screenshot of the issue if possible.
When Will My Class Be?
Classes will take place at the normal times as scheduled on your timetable. In most cases, these will be the same timeslots as your face to face classes, however, we are still encouraging all students to check their timetables to ensure they attend at the right time.
What Happens to My Attendance?
All student attendance will be taken during Zoom meetings.
What Is Happening to My Assessments?
Most assessments will remain unchanged. Your teacher will tell you about any changes.
What do I do if I am attending face to face classes in Melbourne and I have tested positive to the COVID-19 virus, or have been to or have been in close contact with someone from a Tier 1 exposure site?
In the event where staff or students contract the COVID-19 virus or have been to or have been in close contact of someone from a Tier 1 exposure site, they must notify the College immediately by:
1. emailing LTCA Info email@example.com from your student email with the result of your PCR test, the date you started isolating, if it was due to an exposure at a tier 1 exposure site and identify your La Trobe College Australia course.
2. or phoning the 24-hour emergency number 0417 392 834.
The isolated persons register will need to be populated with the affected person's details on your behalf
Student Services and Wellbeing
Where Do I Go If I Need Support?
Accommodation Services: +61 (0) 3 9479 2417 / 0488 064 207 or send an email at Yen.Huynh@latrobemelbourne.edu.au
Phone: 03 9479 3225
Reception: 03 9479 2417 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
College Director/Principal: 9479 1414
College Counselling Service
Make an online appointment to see the Student Counsellor, Stephen Manteit
External Counselling & Support Services
Lifeline Australia (24-hour crisis support): 131 114
Sexual assault crisis support line: 1800 806 292
Medical Attention: 13 74 25 or visit the home doctor's website. In a medical emergency dial 000
La Trobe University Medical Centre: 03 9473 8885 (Located Corner Plenty Road and Kingsbury Drive, Bundoora)
Report any unacceptable or concerning behaviour: 03 9479 8988 or visit the La Trobe University website.
(Police, fire, ambulance): 000